Taiyaki; たい焼き is a Japanese classic sweet from more than 100 years ago, and still today you can find a Taiyaki store easily on the street or at food courts of shopping mall or supermarket.
The outside is crispy and inside of the waffle is soft and slightly sweet with sweet red bean paste filling.
1 piece of Taiyaki is cheap usually from 100 yen to 200 yen like buying a bottle of water.
Taiyaki in Japanese means grilled snapper as its shape is snapper fish.
Inside is classically red bean paste but can be anything like custard or chocolate.
It is always good to have a just baked one because it’s softer and has a nicer aroma than a cold one.
But Taiyaki stores aren’t everywhere, so I sometimes go get one from Seven-Eleven.
I like to make this warm, so I usually put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
It’s really convenient and delicious ～
If you like cooking, you can also make Taiyaki at home.
It is very easy as long as you have a Taiyaki pan or Taiyaki maker. You could probably get it from Amazon.
Here is Taiyaki recipe 😍
- Cake flour (1 and 1/4 cups)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Baking soda (1 tsp)
- Large egg (1)
- Milk (3/4 cup)
- Suger (3 tsp)
- Your favorite ingredient for filling inside (this can be anything from sweet red bean paste or custard cream to sausage or cheese)
Gether all the ingredients from 1 to 6 together and bake it.
- Before you put all together, sift the cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Before you put all together, mix milk and egg first.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Put the batter in the fridge for the rest so that the flour absorbs the wet ingredients.
- Grease the Taiyaki pan with oil before baking.
- Bake with low heat.
- First, put the batter only 60% into the pan
- Next, put filling inside in the center.
- Cover with batter the last.
- After pouring the batter, close the lid and immediately flip.
- Cook about 2.5 min each side.
Taiyaki song released in 1975 😆